Slomo hiding cyclone forecasts, page-52

1. 82,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    exactly ---------------- I've lost track of the number of adverse weather events where insurance companies left people for months to YEARS homeless because of dithering with legitimate claims

absolute scum.

I personally knew one bloke - who was an ex copper - who was employed as a consultant to investigate house fires ----------- he was paid to say that arson couldn't be ruled out - that was enough for the company to withhold payment

for every insurance good story I've heard - I've heard 3 or 4 bad ones - some - nightmares.

I personally got dudded with very legitimate claims early on - I had several rental properties and I learn fast --- so, they got me a few times ---------- but, after a while - you learn how to answer their questions and you learn how to 'value' your own losses ---

I learned very early that insurance companies set their own rules, so do government - they set them on the spot - to suit.

I challenged one knockback from an insurance company - on the phone - I asked them to show me in the policy where they were saying such items were not insured -

I waited 15 minutes or so - then, they came back on the line and said - it wasn't in the written policy - it was just office policy

so from that ------------- I made my own policies to suit --------- on a case by case basis

if it's good enough for insurance companies and governments - then, it's good enough for me

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.