BPT 4.11% $1.46 beach energy limited

slow mover, page-14

1. 11,828 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6415
    Cheers again JT.
    I liked your little Chinese tale hling. I must admit, I do worry a little that all the companies in the Cooper will spend themselves dry whilst the major's sweep them up. I think that getting J/Vs in early, does IMO, remove some of the heavy lifting whilst, due to the huge resources we are talking about, reduces the upside, from massive, to merely bloody big.

From all the reports I went through, sigh, pretty much every single BPT report since from 2010-12. After BPT booked their initial 2C contingent resources they had of 580 MMboe (I have already taken out the 2P from the number). Since the news resource criteria are being used, the 2C contingent resources for the Cooper shale are 329 MMboe. In the scheme of things it will not matter, as more drilling was always going to be done. Still a huge number too!

From this, I realize that you simple split the numbers regarding the 2 wells. Therefore I think each well got about 97 MMboe equivalent for 2C. ((2C 329/2.6 =126/1.3 = 97))
    Of course, that could all be totally wrong! ha.
    I think I might be slowly getting my head around this. Why is this important to me, because in past presentations, it has been clearly stated that the upcoming wells will be fractured and more resources proved up. This will be IMO a major catalyst.

Also, just noticed this comment in a company presentation on the 17/4/2012, slide 14, regarding Cooper Shale (as shown below in the slide) -"Multiple commercialization options"
    Very interested in others thoughts about what that might imply?

The more I read, the more questions pop into my head. I am wondering, as Moonta-1 is literally right beside the Raw/Sales pipeline as seen on the map below, I wonder, as Santos did, could it be fed in directly? I realize that as it has not been fully developed it may not be commercial initially, none the less it would surely assist in multiple ways for future development/experience etc?

Lastly, I really liked this slide, it just shows that BPT, not only has a dominant shale position in the Cooper, it is across most of Australia.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20120501/pdf/4260bc6055yryy.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.