LYC 0.17% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

slowly moving up, page-3

1. 76 Posts.
    You can bet your boots its tickity boo!

We will soon see, will take more time to gauge whether or not this stock is going to break out of its downward trend. Possibly another week or two till some hard data can be produced.

Personally im holding strong, I believe in the fundamentals of Lynas and believe it is setup for a very strong position in the RE market in the near future. Especially since it has already established its plant, already got orders filled for the next 10 years of production and with the latest news from malaysia with the successful court case and govt fliers being distributed I do not believe it will be long till first production at the plant.

Do remember that there are a S### load of Lynas shares on the market and it is an extremely volatile stock. However once it is derisked and re-evaluated we should see it become somewhat a more stable stock due to insto's being allowed to make their move.

IMOO it will be dependent on the state of the market, especially with global markets on the verge of collapse, don't be fooled into thinking that greener pastures are near, the Euro zone is pretty much bankrupt, don't look at Greece it only makes up 2% of the Euro GDP, look at the big players Spain, Italy, and the US. All with record levels of debt and there is NO WAY, I repeat NO WAY in which these problems will be solved with petty little bailouts. Governments continue to print money in order to provide a temporary fix to these issues however I believe all these bandaids will fall off in the near future and hopefully we may experience a depression / big recession again. A great time to accumulate assets if you have the capital behind you.

Anyway back on topic, the fundamentals behind Lynas are superb. Medium to long term I can't see any negatives to this stock assuming it gets granted it POL in Malaysia. Short term (next 6-24 months) I believe many other factors come into play which you need to still keep in the back of your mind record levels of debt with no way to remedy and declining global demand for resources will impact the SP heavily.

Be happy to make a little and don't get carried away as I believe Q4 2012 / Q1 2013 will be the start of a very rough economic period.

Thats my 2 cents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.00 $6.10 $5.97 $26.46M 4.378M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 849 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 10260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.