SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

slr cash position

1. 3,140 Posts.
    I'm trying to wrap my head around SLR. Below is my back of an envelope figures from recent announcements.

Reading the last half year report revenue was $85 mill, EBIT $25 mill and cash in bank $20 mill.

This EBIT "profit" was realized at a sale price last half year of an average $1633/ ounce.

Unit costs of sales has been stated at $1076/ ounce.

That said their 6 months of "investments" on closing the Integra deal ($15 mill) and developing Murchison ($58mill+ $9 mill), Mount Monger ($9 mill + $10 mill) and other exploration ($9 mill) [total approx. $95 mill] meant that cash in bank went from went from $47 mill to $20 mill in that same 6 months.

(I can't see any mention of borrowings but please correct me if I've missed it).

Its hard for me to work out exactly where the cash has come from and what differentiates expenses from investment as most of the revenue is coming from Mount Monger itself right?

SLR is hemorrhaging money (did I spell that right?) and must be pretty close to having none left in the bank now almost 6 months further down the track.

Add to these woes gold today has fallen to $1412 so the profit margin or "EBIT" this half year I'm assuming will be considerably less.

To me the SLR cash position is not looking good and there has got to be the expectation of a cap raise very soon surely.

At SP 90c the SLR market capital is $341 mill.

It is obvious why the share price has fallen to 90c but even this might look good soon unless the money stops pouring out.

Please correct me if the picture I've painted is wide of the mark.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.