SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

SLR offer for SBM, page-46

1. 4,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1876
    Good comments. I think there is definitely something about Gwalia that brings out the ego in these management teams (Genesis’ Saracen crew as well). Objectively it’s been a struggling asset for the last few years and has declined significantly from what it was back in 2016-18. That was despite huge capital investment to set it up for the future (prob $200M+). It’s unclear why everyone wants this mine.

Maybe it’s the history of it all with Herbert Hoover etc. Maybe it’a a bunch of mining engineers embracing the operational/technical challenges at extreme depth and thinking they can turn it around.

One of the funny things in the SLR media release was the line about a combination bringing ‘A superior capital markets profile to enhance appeal to gold and generalist investors.

I can’t think of a worse company to takeover Gwalia to enhance the market profile and appeal to generalist investors. Aside from the fact that the combination would be a bigger company, it’s hard to see how the SLR mgmt team would enhance the profile based on their form.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.