SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

slr versus fml

1. 578 Posts.
    I have been doing quite a bit of research on gold stocks lately and I have been considering whether FML or SLR represents better value. I have done very well out of SLR in the past 18 months but I am considering a shift to FML.

The following key data I believe is most pertinent:

SLR Resource: 1.5 Moz
    FML Resource: 1.9 Moz

SLR MarketCap/ResourceOz: 112 $A/oz
    FML MarketCap/ResourceOz: 85 $A/oz

SLR Current Production: 57 kOz/yr
    FML Current Production: 48 kOz/yr

SLR Planned Production: 70 kOz/yr
    FML Planned Production: 80 kOz/yr

SLR Cash Cost: 780 $A
    FML Cash Cost: 602 $A

SLR Market Cap/ProductionOz: 2388 $A/oz
    FML Market Cap/ProductionOz: 2032 $A/oz

Note: Information was sourced from the GoldBeaver Report. It provides detailed information on the top 20 australian gold producers.

Based on the above, my conclusion is that although SLR is currently producing slightly more gold, FML is superior in terms of value. I highly regard Market Cap/ProductionOz as a true indicator of value and FML clearly has an advantage here.

I realise that there are plenty of other important factors to consider such as management, mine-life and debt but having taken these into consideration I am looking to move half of my holdings in SLR and place them into FML. I do this reluctantly as SLR has got good management and still plenty of potential.

I hold other Australian and international gold stocks but my preference is for those based on Australian soil. Much less risk.

I hope the above information has been useful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.