slut walk, page-12

1. 3,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    I can understand people (men and women) have to right to dress how they would like to, but for every action, there is some sort of re action. (some +ve and some -ve) This happens in most things in life. See what happens when you drive on the tail of the guy in front of you for long enough. It can end in road rage. Not necessarily right, but it happens.

What I would like to know is WHY do some women dress wearing almost nothing. To say because "they can" is not an answer in my book. Is it to show their body off? If so, why do they feel the need to show their body off to people they don't know? If they know their body is good or that they are proud of it, that's all that counts. To let the world know they have a great body doesn't seem necessary to me, and only invites unwanted attention. Unfortunately, our world is not all peaches and cream. There are so many people under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs roaming around. Combine this with scantily dressed women and I think its just a recipe for disaster. In no way am I condoning the actions of rapists and/or drug influenced people, but to think that all is going to end well with this mixture is probably unrealistic and a bit naive.

I certainly won't be education my daughter to go out wearing next to nothing. If she chooses to dress minimally, I can't hold a gun to her head and stop her, but I'll express some disappointment and have to try and explain there are potential pitfalls for her actions and hope she understands.

Obviously this is a sensitive issue and hope my views don't offend others.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.