XJO 0.22% 7,750.7 s&p/asx 200

sm please trade my index - xjo tuesday

1. 10,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    It was the 12 October 2007 where the markets peaked and then followed the GFC crash to 6 March 2009.

Here are some numbers from 4 indices....

1. FTSE 100 Index

The share index of the stocks of the 100 companies listed on the London Stock Exchange having the highest market capitalisation.

12 October 2007 high = 6,730
    6 March 2009 low = 3,530

2. DJIA

An index that shows how 30 large, publicly owned companies based in the United States have traded during a standard trading session in the stock market.

12 October 2007 high = 14,093
    6 March 2009 low = 6,626

3. Swiss Market Index (SMI)

An index made up of twenty of the largest and most liquid SPI large- and mid-cap stocks

12 October 2007 high = 27.35
    6 March 2009 low = 13.2

4. XJO

An index is a market-capitalization weighted and float-adjusted stock market index of Australian stocks listed on the Australian Securities Exchange from Standard & Poor's. The number of shares in the index is highly dynamic and does not always revert to 200.

12 October 2007 high = 6,748
    6 March 2009 low = 3,145

So the markets were dropping/crashing for 16 months. Something had to be done.

Thee Smart Money got together to decide which indices they would buy into.

Through a random selection 4 were chosen (The Chosen 4):

Jeeper from London,
    Exfiles from USA,
    JGunter from Switzerland, and
    Stockplaya from Australia,

The smart money introduced only 3 beautiful ladies to the Chosen 4. The Chosen 4 had to do what they can to impress the 3 beautiful ladies.

Finally, they ladies made their choices.

And so the Smart Money gave the nod of approval and on the 6 March 2009 Started buying into the FTSE 100 Index, DJIA and SMI.

1. FTSE 100 Index

2. DJIA

3. SMI

Unlucky for the XJO to have the smart money involved, the XJO was privileged to have the dumb money flow into it.....

4. XJO

This story was sponsored by "Please Marry My Boy".

No Index was hurt in the making of this cranker, well.... except for the XJO. Can we get some Smart Money pushing us up?

If it helps, here's a lady who is offering to ignite the XJO:

P.S. Disco, for those that have been with the Zoomba from the beginning would know i used to post for entertainment purposes. And i loved it.

Then posting not for passion but for purpose for the Tuesday Cranker and my spark has gone. So i moved onto trying to motivate others that don't post here to post, and now finally posting market stuff. Probably not related or important but it is market stuff at least :)

My best skill is entertainment too, but i don't want to focus on that too much. We shouldn't have a thread running based on humour (thats what the humour thread is for) . For example, Highlandlad and the day traders thread. Superb job day in day out.

As most of you know i don't trade the XJO, heck i don't even know what comes first - the chicken or the egg? i.e. XJO or the stocks that make up the XJO. Does BHP go down because the XJO is dropping? or does the XJO go down because BHP is dropping?

So i'm here to keep the thread going to learn from those more experienced about market sentiment and market direction, and that only happens if they post.

So keep posting.

And lets not drop the humour, it makes the day nicer - especially on red days when the markets dropping. Hence my market related humour tuesday cranker.

thanks,

have a great Tuesday all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.