LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

smack talk

1. 3,760 Posts.

I left the Hot Copper for good year or so (I think) precisely because of all this nonsense.

Hot Copper even warns you that other posters' may have motives in posting certain things or saying things in a certain way.

There is way too much smack talk on this thread. Way way too much.

It's OK to have a laugh and talk about your jinx of a Lynas Rocket or your purring kitten, but don't post BS either way.

IF, big IF, Lynas goes to 50 cents so what? All you are saying is the stock price (price not value) has the potential to halve. The VIX index has been going nuts for almost the last 6 months. Volatility is NOTHING NEW. Wesfarmers is about $30 per share give or take. During the GFC you could have picked them up for $15. ANZ $22. During GFC just under $11.

There are many many unknowns with LYC but there are many knowns. Brokers (not that I have any respect for them) are all over this and I think many of us have read that no LAMP (that's right no LAMP) still puts a floor on the stock price of 75-80 cents. Why did you invest?????? If the powers that be in MALaysia want to be ridiculous and flat out knock back the LAMP, Lynas will just do it here. Malaysia loses long term. THe LAMP will be 1% of the countries GDP. DO you think this is insignificant? Do you think a rag-tag bunch of whinging misfits is going to stop this thing?

Go look at any developed economy talking about 0.3% GDP contraction and see how the media and everyone else scream bloody blue murder and head for the hills. This 1% GDF fact alone should give you pause and make you relax one way or another whether you hold or don't.

Lynas has some 20%-30% of world RE supply potential. Malaysia either wants in or out. But Lyc still owns the assets. What did you buy? Doesn't Assets + Potential = something??

My only last point is I am sick of whingers about shorting. Every stock gets shorted. So what? You would only worry about this if you were a day trader or if you are nervious and sitting on a fat loss and want out. Stocks get manipulated all the time, I can see it in the volume of lots of stocks. But apparently its allowed so there you have it. Learn to deal. Sometimes stock prices go down because lots of people just want to sell....at the same time. People buy cars and renovate and have skool fees (hehehehe "skool" fees get it).

There is big money here like with most ASX 100 stocks. Chill out. If you do your a*se well that's life.

I purchased another 100,000 shares today at 92 cents.....I hope they were Letechi's.

If I do my a*se. Cest La Vie.

Cheers and good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.