TVN 4.00% 4.8¢ tivan limited

The new tarrifs from US do not include Fluorspar (as they import...

1. 23 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    The new tarrifs from US do not include Fluorspar (as they import this) although vanadium was proposed but not included. The US tarrifs alongside recent tarrifs from Canada and Europe might be a step too far for China.

My analysis leads me to beleive that China will ramp up their export controls of critical minerals before the US election. They hold this card and have built it for geopolitical coercion.

Trumps Executive order on addressing the threat to the domestic supply chain from reliance on critical minerals from foreign adversaries on Sept 30, 2020 forged this path. Now yesterday Biden is following this same route claiming it as the democrats own policy.

Both party's will take the same stance on critical minerals and currently China has a card to play while the West scrambles for alternative supplies but they will not come quick enough.

If I am right I beleive Fluorspar will be targeted due to the focus on EV's and semiconductors.. For example the EU in 2022 imported Fluorspar from Mexixo and South Africa which was not sufficient enough for demand after trying to get alternative supplies away from China and they had to increase imports again.

A geopolitical headline can send Tivan vertical and after this THEN the stockpiling begins..
    Last edited by CloudCap: Today, 19:36

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $84.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $15.10K 308.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 164765 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 631928 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.22pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.