small cap sector

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Interesting times. Whilst the ASX appears to be roaring towards the 4,000 barrier, I quietly told my Broker nearly 2 months ago that I was watching 4 stocks at the lower cap end of the market.

This was in addition to those stocks (offshore and locally) in which I already have /retain an interest.

At the time, all 4 stocks were trading upwards of 20-25% higher than may suggested entry price.

One was above $1.00 and has since dipped below 65c. I have not yet bought even though 65 was where I thought things might get interesting. Now, I suspect that it is trending lower on limited information and light trading.

Another was @20 and has since dipped below 17c. I bought into this stock today @16.

A third stock was @19 and has dipped to 17. I have not yet bought as it has not syet reached my suggested entry price.

A 4th stock has traded sideways but is currently several cents above my preferred entry price of 25c. I am watching this stock closely.

What's interesting from this perspective is that as the ASX has risen, interest and momentum in the small /mid-cap sector has diminished, except for some of the day-trading stocks. As such, prices have tended to drift on light volumes, and limited /nil media commentary. As a result, some prospective bargains are starting to shape up in that segment of the market. At sleast, that's my view.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.