COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

[MEDIA] Pebble Mine (Alaska) - in case you missed it The company...

1. 3,421 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1027

Pebble Mine (Alaska) - in case you missed it
    The company trying to develop Alaska's Pebble Mine project on Wednesday said it was "dismayed" by a U.S. government decision to reject the permit for the contentious project and vowed to lodge an appeal within 60 days.

The mine appeared on its way in mid-July when the Army Corps released a favourable final environmental impact statement, but its fortunes soon changed as Donald Trump Jr. came out in opposition to the project and the Corps said the developers would need to take additional steps to protect the Bristol Bay area.

President-elect Joe Biden has already said he would not allow the mine to be built. “It is no place for a mine,” Biden said in a statement in August. “The Obama-Biden Administration reached that conclusion when we ran a rigorous, science-based process in 2014, and it is still true today.”

Shares in Canadian parent company Northern Dynasty Minerals had earlier lost about 50% of its value.

https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com...d-of-decision-on-alaska-s-pebble-project.html

Note: According to a calculation completed earlier this year, Pebble hosts 6.5 billion metric tons of measured and indicated resources averaging 0.4% (57 billion lb) copper, 0.34 grams per metric ton (71 million ounces) gold, 240 parts per million (3.4 billion lb) molybdenum, 1.7 g/t (345 million oz) silver and 0.41 ppm (2.6 million kg) rhenium.

This porphyry deposit also hosts 4.5 billion metric tons of inferred resource averaging 0.25% (25 billion lb) copper, 0.25 g/t (36 million oz) gold, 226 ppm (2.2 billion lb) molybdenum, 1.2 g/t (170 million oz) silver and 0.36 ppm (1.6 million kg) rhenium.

This makes Pebble the largest undeveloped deposit of copper, gold, and rhenium.

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.