XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Smart and Sexy Monday, page-8

1. 4,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 907
    @MasterPiccolo I too have liked the PRT platform over the years. Re Ig cannot answer your query directly but have also got "confused" over the years with some of their candles. A few randomthoughts;
    -IG candles go 24 hrs a day and complicated by trading on Sat morning (AEST) which throws a funny OOH 6th candle on daily

-many markets trade VERY different hrs which can confuse

-the number of very similar instruments (and charts) that can be used; just checked and there are 6 for gold for example

-complicated now (perhaps) by weekend trading

-FWIW I have found the best way of getting "on top" of any particular instrument is to play aound with:
    -options/platform options/time zones a trading hours
    -you can delete weekend data and show candles within a trading day which menas you can "remove" any candles that you don't want to view. For example I have a standard template that tracks the Australia200 (ASX200 equivalent) only within market hrs of 10am - 4pm AEDT ... emoves the noise that happens OOH ... also shows what I consider to be the "real" gaps in our market noting XSO does not show gaps

-Last point; if you rely on pivots for trend lines, forks or many other TA techniques it is quite disconcerting what different results you can get from IG charts .... remembering that many of the pivots occur OOH which will give very differnt lines to the "real" chart.

Not sure if any of that helps ????

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.