PNA 0.00% $1.84 panaust limited

smart investor magazine, page-3

1. 132 Posts.
    I find magazines such as Smart Investor fairly irrelevant in the short term because of it's infrequency but they can be useful for longer term trends. I tend to get them around the end and beginning of a year to get another perspective on the year ahead.
    I'm posting here because (although I haven't read this issue yet), someone else mentioned it to me today before reading your post, and the comment you have posted reminded me of an article in 'Shares Mag.' Jan. 2002.
    That was featuring Oxiana. For your interest, at this stage the Ox had completed a bank feas. study on gold in Oct.01 with plans to commision gold plant late '02. The feas. study for the main copper project was to be completed mid-02 with copper prodn. at that stage predicted to be somewhere from 2004. The mag noted Ox as 1 of it's top 4 junior miners which might see their s.p. rerated in '02.
    What I find interesting, is that I had been a shareholder of Ox from the early 90's and I distinticly remember this article being one of the first serious predictions that I had seen published in the press. What happened to Ox is now well known.
    In regards to PNA, it has also been very low profile in the press, even though it already has an operating gold mine (even though hasn't been firing too well recently). The feas. study for the copper mine has been completed and production is planned for less than 18 months. I suppose what I'm getting at is that the press is starting to take interest, a precedent has been set by the Ox (which makes the story more exciting for new investors in PNA) and the key time points are closer or already passed those of the Ox when the OX was in a similar situation and started to get coverage.
    I'm not saying PNA has the same resources as the Ox - it doesn't - but there are many other similarities with regards to the Laos operations. So to declare my hand as some of you already know, I've got large holdings in the Ox and Pna and I'm hoping that this will be a good year for the Pan (probably in the last half excepting takeovers). But then these have always been longer term holdings for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.