Lory, I do believe you are onto something. It is definitely a...

1. 662 Posts.
    Lory, I do believe you are onto something. It is definitely a 'coincidence' that energy costs up have gone up simutaneously in countries across the globe. It's definitely orchestrated at global level, and implemented at national level, all in a bid to reduce power usage.
    Thing is, governments get taxes from generators, distibutors and suppliers. Generators, distributors and suppliers need to make a profit.
    So basically the less you use the more they have to hike up the price per kw to maintain their status quo.
    You the consumer lose out.
    They like to make you feel 'empowered' that you are doing your bit to 'save the planet' by being interested in your usage. Bt seriously, who wants to spend their spare time looking at a usage graph in their house? It's bleedin obvious as most people on this forum have pointed out - turn off unnecessary items. I won't be getting up at 1am to switch my washing machine on, which is about the only thing I can think of that I could change to a night time usage.

I have worked in the utility industry since pre-privatisation. I've come to my own conclusion about all these things - it's not for the consumer, it's just to keep people like me employed and busy working for the man. Had a good run implementing billing systems etc to newly created and privatised utility companies, then a good run merging them all as the aquisitions happened back to a few major players. Now that's pretty much complete they have to think of something else - I know! Smart meters! That'll keep us busy making money for a bit longer!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.