Kingpins...To add to my network cost post... (so i don't get...

1. 2,547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Kingpins...

To add to my network cost post... (so i don't get taken to court by the grid operators!!!)

---------

Am taking nothing away from the network maintenance and construction guys.. that are doing some seriously dangerous work... are tested on paper and in the field to the 'enth degree... so those lads are worth every dollar.

The skills they learn and apply are nothing that your average punter can do straight off the street... without a serious investment in training by the grid operators... the high pay keeps them from running away too.

When I said no experience required for the adult apprenticeships... i should have said no prior "electrical" experience required. However the applications were swamped... and they sifted through and picked the best of the best.. smart guys hungry for a good job and training.

-----

As for the construction of substations etc.. they build these things to the millimeter.... I have watched about three go up in my area of late... and everything is perfect. Simple structures and materials.... but engineered and constructed with great care... a lot of eyes watching and some serious pride of workmanship... not cheap by any means.... nothing left to chance... nothing rushed.

With safety costs now a must in OZ.... gone are the "cowboy" days... nothing cheap to build.

-----

Just a few thoughts chief!

bsh

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.