AAD 0.00% $1.49 ardent leisure group

Smashed at close, page-146

1. 3,823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 745
    Just some input and a couple of facts.
    1. When my daughter was little, we used to take her to Dreamworld, and we all had fun. We took that same ride, as thousands have and it was fine. However, I can imagine the devastation if my family had been involved in something like this.
    2. The accident that happened was tragic, no question. The police are investigating it and they will reach some conclusions which we will all learn about. If there is an accountability issue, it will be dealt with.
    3. The co has said they will do everything to help the families. This is important. They must be looked after, it is an obligation.
    4. I'd be happier if the CEO dedicated her current bonus to the support of the families, that would be a positive gesture. Management needs to engage proactively, as they have started to.
    5. There are people who work at the park who need to get on with their lives and come to terms with the tragedy. This is also important. Reopening is the best option for them.
    6. This tragedy should lead to stricter maintenance controls and higher spending on updates.

Personally, I sold half of my holding a couple of weeks back but will continue to hold the other half. I don't want to be panicked into selling low and note that there has been a strong buy side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.