ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

LIts very easy for a day trader to buy shares without having any...

1. SP3
    18,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    L

Its very easy for a day trader to buy shares without having any money as long as they can close out the trade the next day. Given the run we had yesterday and the amount of volume that traded, I would have thought there would have been quite a few T+1 traders. As it turned out today, there didnt appear to be any desperate (last minute) sellers which would suggest to me that the majority of buyers yesterday were probably longs - which is a healthy sign.

For those they dont understand what T+1 means, here is a simple explanation.

If you have $100K worth of shares, some brokers (eg Comsec) will lend you up to $50K to buy more shares (even if you dont have any cash). Once you acquire the shares you have 2 choices to make. Either, sell the shares the very next day or keep the shares beyong one day but you must find $50K prior to T+3 to settle the trade.

This is a very risky strategy - particlarly if the price falls the next day or prior. On the other hand it can also be very rewarding if the price continues rising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.929M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
57 27459639 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 11714163 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.