VYS 1.35% 36.5¢ vysarn limited

smedlter firm to visit

1. sle
    10,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 344
    In today's Advocate. Can't see it on their website but it's on page 3.

From Chris PIPPOS (here goes my typing skills)

An American company in the mix to potentially build a $400 million silicon smelter in the North-West had to abort its plans to visit the region and inspect possible sites recently because of flight strife.

However, Industry Minister Michael AIRD confirmed yesterday that "a major international company has accepted our invitation to visit Tasmania to discuss a silicon smelter investment opportunity."

Mr AIRD said "a previously arranged visit had to be postponed due to the recent airline problems in Europe" understood to be related to the volcano haze that caused air transport chaos, adding "we expect to finalise arrangements for a visit in the near future."
    "The Department of Economic Development has been in ongoing discussions with the company," Mr AIRD said.

Macquarie Harbour Mining Limited (MHM) issued a release to the ASX in March saying it was "in discussion with three other groups", one of which is looking at the viability of a silicon smelter using MHM silica.

German chemical giant Wacker had been keen on potentially building a smelter in Tasmania chosen as one of three short-listed global sites. However, its interest seemed to go off the boil.

At that point exclusive talks with Wacker were shelved and the US-based company became engaged in talks with MHM and the government, with a visit to Tasmania likely to inlcude inspections of various North-West sites including Port Latta.

P.S. Time for a coffee after all this typing. And disclaimer, check page three of Today's Advocate just in case my reproduction isn't quite correct!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VYS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $152.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 37.0¢ 36.0¢ $74.22K 202.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 24135 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 6023 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VYS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.