HZN 2.63% 19.5¢ horizon oil limited

I presume most holders of this share is in it for the long term,...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    I presume most holders of this share is in it for the long term, not the day trades. So yes, below 10 cents is significant for us as it represents a bargain. So we buy while its cheap, a couple of points of cents mean little when were aiming for double our investment etc. No one knows when its going to take off, unless you have a couple of million dollars and force it to.

So HZN has $61.3m Cash at Bank, $120m on revolving credit drawn down and $80m in bonds to repay. Thats $138.7m Net Debt, I know you can't do this by accounting standards, but there is $130m on FID. Thats $8.7m net loss. If your looking on the face value of cash only, its not a great deal for $110m Market cap. You have to also consider its current portfolio of assets, e.g. oil rigs which produce at US$17.36/A barrel for the quarter pushed down to US$9.99/bbl in june - when some are hedge at $95 a barrel, averaging $78 a barrel. In this market that is GOLD! Any company which can make $68 a barrel when the oil price is at $58.51 is a winner. Yes they are making more profit, then the market price of the commodity.

In short, it may not take of in a day or a week from now, but most of us are here for the long haul. We see value and are willing to hold on for that. Been buying low and willing to ride the fluctuation to success. If your interested in day trading, go to something with huge volumes - might make it easier.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $316.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ $64.79K 336.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 823499 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 683074 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.