CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Baby John spins Cudeco's fortunes Scott Rochfort September 8,...

1. 299 Posts.
    Baby John spins Cudeco's fortunes Scott Rochfort
    September 8, 2010
    Former game show host John Burgess says Wayne McCrae is a 'fascinating fella'.
    The embattled copper explorer Cudeco has enlisted the help of the former game show host ??Baby?? John Burgess to stem its recent share slide.

??You are probably wondering what is a game show host doing on a mining site like this,?? explained a moustache-free Baby John in a YouTube clip shot from Cudeco?s main tenement near Cloncurry.

??Well it really boils down to one fella really and that?s Wayne McCrae,?? said the former Wheel of Fortune host about the Cudeco boss.

??I found him to be a fascinating fella. A go-getter. Always on the go. There was always something happening around Wayne McCrae,?? said Baby John about the man he met when he moved to Surfers Paradise in the early 1990s.

??You could sit down and talk to him for hours,?? he said in the video, which featured some earthmoving machines moving huge mounds of dirt.

Cudeco shares have fallen 58 per cent since the explorer - after a three year wait - released a hugely disappointing JORC resource update on its main Rocklands deposit. McCrae has since complained about the ??hatchet job?? he has suffered in the media.

??I guess people might say [he is] a bit of a loud mouth or he shoots his mouth off or talks before thinking and things like that. But that?s the way he is,?? reasoned Baby John.

However, the clip has so far had little impact on winning over investors, with Cudeco shares dipping 3 cents to $2 in early trade this morning.

Baby John noted he shared McCrae?s dream from the outset when became an original shareholder in the copper explorer.

??When you come here, you?ve got to be impressed. I mean you really do have to be impressed,?? he said.

??Probably to some people it?s a surprise because they say they have read some people say, ?Oh, they are not doing much up there?.??

Baby John in one part of the clip seemed very impressed by the multitude of drilled holes on the site.

??You should come up and have a look, really. Because like me I think you would be very surprised,?? he said

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.