BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

I first bought BAL back in April 2015. Traded it quite a few...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    I first bought BAL back in April 2015. Traded it quite a few times over the year since.
    Sorry to read about the losses that people are holding now.
    Class action? Really? Good luck with that. Might help your feelings of revenge at a loss, but doubt it'll help much in any practical way.

I still love the story and will now wait a few months to watch developments. Plus, a dead cat bounce is possible (and that can take some time to appear).

Here's what I'd like to see the co. do in the future (and which might get my money into the stock again).
    1 - a realization that any co which relies on daigou for perhaps 50% of their sales is treading on very dangerous ground. They are pure capitalists: have no brand loyalty, their only interest is in making money, they will drop you as soon as another product appears from which they can profit. WeetBix was selling at $20 a box not long ago.
    2 - their future is in Asia. Given their market should be upwardly-mobile young Asian Mums who are generally very status conscious, I'd suggest some carefully targeted ambassadors: popular young talkshow hosts/sports stars/actresses - the usual suspects. Pay them well and flash the brand.
    3 - discounting a quality premium product is an act of desperation. It destroys the brand. Companies spend countless millions creating the perception of quality (mostly just based on marketing psychology). This takes some serious time/money to establish.
    4 - some sort of mea culpa from management would be nice but unlikely. Too many potential legal risks. So, some significant change in direction/focus from management will help sentiment. The next earnings report is due out in a few months. Barring anymore bad news, a good report will help.

I'll wait and see what, if anything, happens. Selling now? Would depend on your timeframe and risk appetite. All predictions are just guesses, after all.
    Sorry for those who are in the deep red now. My sentiment is "none" and "not holding" until I can see a reason to buy.
    All the very best

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.