LYC 0.65% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

smh investigations team info here

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    I just sent this - cobbled together from our mate's earlier net to ASIC - please feel free to drop them a line too ;)

[email protected]

Dear SMH

A trading halt was issued by Lynas on the 8th November after its Malaysian court win

The Trading halt was lifted 5 minutes before close of trade the same day

Morgan Stanley sold up to 5.7 million shares in that 5 minute window (25% total vol)

Before trade on the 9th November another trading halt was issued regarding Cap Raising announcement

My concern is that Morgan Stanley knew in advance of the capital raising and that the 5 minute window was provided for them and other institutions/dark pools to offload shares

You'll already be aware that Lynas is one of the most shorted stocks on the ASX and internationally owing to its massive liquidity and institutional holdings, however whilst many share price movements might be explained convincingly, the sheer frequency of apparent manipulation events on LYC appears now to be far more overt - even sometimes blase - than necessarily covert.

The above example is just one of many hundreds, some identifiable, most as one might expect just barely below the wire, of apparent manipulation of the stock, which also seems to include priming media outlets with a 'spun' story to assist shorts, for example - last Tuesday Lynas won an appeal in Malaysia again.

However, rather than reporting this as a positive, The Age and Herald Sun ran with 'Lynas shares fall again after renewed legal threat' - immediately after the judge had found against the appellants (in Lynas' favour, with costs) for the second time in a month and furthermore stated that the MY judiciary will not entertain serial appeals (the implication was 'spurious' claims, clearly.)

Consequently I'm flagging this to you for urgent investigation.

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly

Sincerely,
    #######
    Lynas Shareholder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.