RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

smith-1 well " could be a bit of a monster "

1. 116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Re this copied from other board posted by CaptainNelsonForties
    20th Dec Excellent news all,

Parliament passes the PSA so its all go for Puntland.

More so is the fact that Smith-1 encountered 3 pay zones. The pressure at the bottom of the hole is huge. The well was only partly perf'd over 20ft of the total 100ft odds of pay encountered. This zone as also choked back to 10/64 severely restricting maximum open hole flow from this zone. This one would be capable of much higher flow rates so a much better than expected result. 20% of the pay perf'd at about 20% of restricted flow. Looks like a very recoverable oil and gas find from first impressions from this limited test which was highly choke restricted, much more to come from this lease in my opinion. First impressions a potentially highly commercial well.

Captain Nelson Forties
    Follow Up Posted by CaptainNelsonForties - 21 Dec'09

The Smith-1 well is only partly tested and heavily choked back on the 20ft that was tested. From the bottom hole pressures given it looks like it could be a bit of a monster.

Posted by Topicel - 21st Dec 09
    Landau has been right all along and the low choke (and no water!) means the well will be really massive in my and no doubt serious industry watchers/players' opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.