SMM 0.00% 18.0¢ summit resources limited

smm and pdn and areva.

1. 22,691 Posts.
    1. PDN
    We can accept that PDN won't come back with another offer; also PDN has far more to lose than SMM in the coming court case because that MT Isa property is the best they have got and it is also cheap.

Even, if the chances of a status quo is 50/50, that may not stop the PDN share price from moving back somewhat from now on. That may be counteracted by higher U prices.

2. SMM
    If it does get the go ahead at the ALP conference, then the share price will rise. If it does'nt, it may fall back somewhat but SMM still has the court case to look forward to and that will be a positive, I think.

That will be followed by another installment from Areva to obtain more shares but at a higher value and ought to support the share price somewhat.

If SMM loses the court case, then the share prise may fall back for a while perhaps, to be followed by Areva's installment buying shares at a higher price. Obviously, if it wins, then a hefty rise could follow.

Much depends also on SMM being able to bring more data in and preferably a resource statement. Obviously, rising U prices will help in the various scenarios.

3. Areva
    Nobody knows the outcome of any discussions with the Qland Govt; obviously, if they approve mining, then all is ok.

Bear in mind that it still could take at least another year or more drilling at the current speed they are going and that a feasibility study is needed as well, together with various approvals.

So, SMM could continue their work for quite some time before the matter of actual mining will take place.

Areva will get their uranium from a variety of sources in the meantime while a few dollars spent on SMM shares is a good tactic as the outlook for Uranium prices is strong in the short and medium term.

It is likely that they may well hold other reserves to be mined once available. After all, it is a big company and SMM is small fry in the overall context.

That is my opinion,

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks or metals/commodities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.