AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

"Minister for Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification Mr Moses...

1. 1,182 Posts.
    "Minister for Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification Mr Moses Garu said, "We were pleased to have had our day in court to defend our decisions.
    "We look forward to the final ruling and the development of this project for the betterment of our nation.""

Hi Deet,

If you don't want an SMM spin on this, then all I can say is the AVQ announcement is fake and is not to be believed. The blue colour used in the letter is a shade lighter than usual, which indicates it is a fake. Also, the announcement is probably located on the back up server, which means it is fake.

But more importantly, we have to look at the context of Mr Garu's words carefully. Who is "we"? The janitor in his department? How can he speak for everyone? What does "pleased" mean? Does it mean he wasn't happy? Only content? Why did he say "our day" and not "our days"? Was he only in court for one day? What decisions is he talking about?

Anyway...

For the SMM spin on this, I note that the quote from the Minister for Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification came from the AVQ announcement dated 22 May 2014.

The SMM announcement was dated 2 June 2014, which stated:

"The consent of those parties to those orders was formally signed by the legal representatives for the Claimants and for the Attorney General, representing, in addition to himself, the Minerals Board (“the Board”) and the Minister for Mines Energy and Rural Electrification (“the
    Minister of Mines”)."

Guess some negotiations took place between 22 May and 2 June, and some people changed their minds. But nah, that's probably too unrealistic. It's much more likely that SMM just put out a fake announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.