SMN 0.75% 66.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

SMN - Chart, page-2509

1. 1,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Macca,

I wish I knew therason for the forcing down of the price but I can only guess.

There are only 121 odd million shares on issue with many of them held by those who won't sell unless the price is many times higher & that includes me.

Consequently, there are a restricted number of shares that are available to manipulate the market. This means, that compared to any other share, SMN requires a fewer number of shares & less cost to manipulate the market compared to other companies.

On any chart, a rise of a 1st wave is usually followed by a 61.8% correction in a second wave. In the case of SMN, the 61.8% correction comes in @ 59c which is where I have a top up buying order. If the market goes below this price it would appear that the price is definitely being manipulated.

The reason for manipulation could be an attempt to make a take-over of the company or secure a large percentage of the company at a low cost.

A break below 59c could see a panic sell-off & this is where the shares will be snapped up & accumulation beginning if someone was trying to obtain a large parcel of shares at a low cost. They would be relying on panic selling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $91.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 69.3¢ 66.5¢ $28.09K 41.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30749 66.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 8546 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.