OPA 0.00% 1.5¢ optima technology group ltd

Smoke, Mirrors and Half Yearly, page-36

1. 3,841 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 745
    So you reckon JB may report inconsistencies. if any, to ASIC/ASX?Perhaps you seem to forget JB was Chairman during the period of the HY. That would mean self-reporting.Flawed logic. Again. But at least you are consistent. @growler1969

@growler1969  The half yearly came out on Feb 25th, and, according to a conversation with GM, was substantially written on the 23rd and 24th Feb
    JB resigned on the 22nd Feb, so he had no control of the actual details that went into the half yearly.

For example, he did not draft the information about his successor. He also did not draft the information there about his removal.

Looks like I was on the money about JB reporting inconsistencies to the ASX, too.

This came out from the AFR at 5.16pm today: 

ASX investigates BidEnergy for 'misleading' credentials

https://www.copyright link/technology/technology-companies/asx-investigates-bidenergy-for-misleading-credentials-20190305-h1bzt8

Not only has JB complained to the ASX about what he says is "misleading" information in the half yearly, but the ASX has already followed up on the complaint and contacted BID! From this afternoon's AFR article:

"An ASX spokesman confirmed it was investigating BidEnergy, noting it investigates all complaints received about listed companies as a matter of course.

"Listed companies have the obligation to ensure the market is kept appropriately informed. ASX will act when evidence to the contrary is presented," he said.

He said he could not comment further, but possible outcomes of such an investigation were a referral to the corporate regulator or requiring a clarifying or corrective announcement from a company.

The investigation may also conclude that no breach of ASX rules had occurred."

In addition, from the AFR report, JB looks to be taking another step:

"Mr Baillieu said he will be taking further legal action, alleging BidEnergy's directors' decision to remove him from the chairman role was in breach of their duties under the Corporations Act."

Perceived "inconsitencies" reported by JB to the ASX on the 28th Feb, and that action reported in the AFR today to boot.  So much for "flawed logic". It just looks like a pretty obvious move now, right?

When I see trouble like this brewing, I head for the sidelines, as I have said several times. It's not a matter of the potential, or the people, it's just about safety.

Last edited by jhunt: 05/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.