Well yeah, a bit strange to make it such an issue. I mean a...

1. 3,972 Posts.

Well yeah, a bit strange to make it such an issue. I mean a whole thread and all.

Smoking is hardly noticeable these days. A few decades ago it was everywhere but in all honesty now I hardly even notice it.

Re old people, well they ALL would have smoked at some stage before ending up in the nursing homes as they were the smoking generation. Still they survived longer than humans have ever done in history. Now we see sugar and fat being the drug of choice but will need to wait to see if this shortens life span or increases it.

However back to point I spent two years travelling the nations roads and I was shocked at the amount of litter on the roads. Miles and miles from anywhere, pull over and garbage. So I am puzzled how people can filter out all the garbage to pick on one item. Same at the bus stop. Appalls me that people put out smokes on the ground right next to a bin, however same goes for food wrappers and other rubbish.

We hike and arrive at our destination and find garbage very often.

Some people are pigs. I just do not see it as a smoker only issue and do question why they are singled out for a mainstream problem. I do nto smoke so if I throw garbage from car window it is ok? Doesn'treally make sense and does seem a thinly veiled attack on smokers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.