smokers, bin your butts!!, page-94

1. gmt
    8,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    I am a smoker,what I find incredible is listening to govt. rattling on about the costs it places on the health system so what do they do with the 60% tax they get from the smokes? It certainly more than covers any cost to the system. If govt were / are so concerned about it then ban it, make it illegal just like heroin and other drugs, but we know they won't because there is to much money in it for govt. The biggest whingers I have found are usually ex smokers, yes smokers know its bad for them and many of us have tried all sorts of methods to stop but many of us unfortunately fail.

My wife works at a hospital and I often stand outside with some of the doctors and nurses all having a smoke, so the fact they see the smoking related problems every day does not make it any easier for them to give up. Fact is you could paint all the packets black and put a scull and cross bones on the front of the packet but we will still smoke, the addiction for some of us is not unlike that of a heroin addict. I respect the non smokers view and in fact hope I can become one of them in the not to distant future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.