smokers, bin your butts!!, page-98

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Thank you RamPage01.

You are such a considerate person paying all those taxes for the benefit of smokers and non smokers alike. As long as you don't breathe in my face, you can do what you like. Breathing became quite a problem for my wife's grandfather while emphysema slowly killed him. He drowned over three years as fluid filled his lungs. I can still hear his gasps. Almost all smokers have emphysema to some degree. Seriously, it is a good idea to have your lung capacity checked regularly because although emphysema may be halted it cannot be reversed.

This self test for emphysema may be useful.

Shortness of Breath
    One of the first symptoms of early emphysema is shortness of breath. It will generally be mild at first, and can be experienced with light exertion.
    Cough
    This if often referred to as a "smoker's cough." It can be a dry cough with no sputum production.
    Wheezing
    Emphysema can cause you to produce a wheezing sound due to the lack of proper lung function, usually occurring at the beginning of a breath.
    Skin Color
    The skin often takes on a bluish color, especially around the nails, due to the lack of oxygen.
    Other Signs
    Insomnia, irritability, fatigue and depression are some of the other symptoms that can accompany emphysema.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4867519_symptoms-early-stage-emphysema.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.