AN1 11.1% 0.8¢ anagenics limited

smokers will demand this blood test annually

1. Osi
    16,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Quest's latest 6 panel assay for smokers has a 94% specificity in correctly classifying non-malignant nodules.

Guidance from Quest & Cellmid suggests maybe 1.7 million tests in the US per annum. My view is less concervative because global demand must also be considered.

I'm starting to sound like a broken records on this issue so I need to know if there is anyone out there who reads the announcement differently to me.

KEY QUESTIONS:

1) Will smokers and former smokers avoid or demand this simple blood test that could detect lung cancer early?

2) Will patients with dubious CT results say yes or no to an accurate blood test before deciding to proceed with a more risky surgical biopsy?

I note that there will be competing proteomic NSCLC assays entering the market over time but as diagnotics becomes more tailored to particular patients, many of these will (I believe) also make use of CDY's IP.

Am I missing something here given that CDY does not actually have to spend a cent on this particular pipeline?? I could easily run the company as a shell from my accountant's office and royalty / licence fees would still flow for the duration of the patent protections and associated licence agreements.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $3.691M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $8.671K 1.051M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1735002 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 340000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AN1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.