nik lam bull The alternative is to crimminalise smoking tobacco...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    nik lam bull

The alternative is to crimminalise smoking tobacco and spend what 20 billion a year trying to prosecute people that are at the time of banning the drug addicts. If you have ever smoked you would know how impossible to give up this drug is.
    I gave it up back in the 80's but it aint easy.

Personally I think they should leave it legal along with most now illegal drugs should be legilised.
    Put taxes on the drugs to be legilised to make money and cover all those things like counselling, quiting courses, medical bills etc.
    Put the taxes on the drugs to cover all this and make a profit.
    Then your not only cutting the bill for prosecuting illegal drugs but making money from it.

I cant see the down side to it.
    People who dont use Heroin now are not likely to run out and become Heroin fiends and the same goes for those currently illegal drugs.

Let those who want to use these drugs use them but tax them to pay for the costs to society.
    You only need to look at the US and how much they spend on fighting drugs and how many people are in jail for minor infractions of those laws. like having 1 joint on you. Something like 60 billion usd are spent fighting drugs.
    To top it all off you would do away with most crime relating to illegal drugs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.