I have been with Esuper for over 4 years...no big deal in my...

1. 6,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I have been with Esuper for over 4 years...no big deal in my management , CBA commsec account and a CBA accelerator account for share trading , dividends and pension payment...one a year compliance....a few key strokes ...
    I do have an account with Austsuper also...but for me comparison is like apples to oranges..
    Aust super will sell down in a market fall even if they have stop losses in place methinks...and your account has to physically earn more on the future upswing to gain back your losses , harder still if you are taking a pension...
    With Esuper I took a hit on bank shares ..that is the asset value..I did not sell ..but I still had the benefit of the dividends which did increase and the franking credits...at some stage the bank bashing will subside and the value of the bank shares will increase and so will my asset base of my portfolio...
    So Austsuper on a downturn you will lose the earning potential from your asset base....by not selling in Esuper you still retain or increase your earnings ( by an increase in divvies), even in a downturn...A bit like your house value....it only matters when you sell....your house value could fall but the rental value remains the same or increase.
    Another quirky upside to a down turn is that in pension phase you have to take out a determined % according to your age group...In your SMSF your earnings remain the same , your asset base goes down which determines your minimum pension , so the extra earnings you do not have to legally take out you can re invest in more shares...
    For us , we take out the minimum 5% , re invest the excess and re invest the franking credits...

The only foreseeable problem is mr shorton and his thieving of franking credits...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.