LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

smsl action once tol issued?

1. 543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Okay,

So the debate goes on about the TOL or not the TOL, and when this will happen.

I have a possibly more important question - what will be the impact of the next phase of SMSL's campaign, the likely manner in which it pan out and the length of the additional delay (if any) to the commencement of LAMP operations?

It is absolutely clear that the moment the TOL is issued, SMSL will be lodging a Judicial review. They probably could do this now, but why bother, when the Malaysian govt is already doing a good job of bleeding the company dry. So they would be simply waiting around, refining their case to put up the next road block to keep us from production.

My questions are initially around the legality of this and perhaps someone who understands Malaysian law might shed some light:
    - having already appealed twice, what is the different avenue they believe they have this time?
    - I am sure that I read somewhere that the decision of the Minister as a result of the last appeal, superceded all other appeals - anyone? If so, how could another appeal be launched?
    - If another appeal were lodged, I guess this would again block the TOL for another period - I am also assuming another couple of months? Or am I mistaken?

I am not being negative, as a holder I am simply trying to be realistic and assess when we might see appreciation in the SP and from what baseline.... I know we all thought that $1 was going to be that baseline, but this stock keeps proving us wrong...

I certainly don't see the next "issuance" of the TOL as being the end of the delays....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.