D2O 0.71% $1.39 duxton water limited

Snapshot of D2O

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Hi All,

I've been looking for a long-term stock with exposure to water rights and this one definitely seems to fulfil that criteria. I know the fundamentals are good in that water will be a precious commodity in the very long term future, however I'm trying to keep an open mind about the risks before I invest:

1. The obvious one is government intervention and wet seasons could become problematic and push SP down.

2. "Water is only worth something if you can grow food or fibre or meat with it," Mr Marr. This is consistent with Michael Burry's philosophy who is buying land with access to water sources as opposed to water rights.

3. There's been some recent problems with funds like RFF and BLA which have made me cautious of trusting management.

4. Technology such as desalination is enhanced and our reliance on natural fresh water is not as heavy. Although I acknowledge we are very far from this being commercially feasible.

I welcome your thoughts and any information that may be useful. For transparency I've got an open order set at $1.45 for only 3000 units.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add D2O (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.39
Change
-0.010(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $217.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.39 $1.39 $1.38 $145.5K 104.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 24644 $1.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.40 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
D2O (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.