1PG 0.00% 16.5¢ 1-page limited

Anyone heard of US recruitment firm Swooptalent? They are using...

1. 668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Anyone heard of US recruitment firm Swooptalent? They are using 'big data' to help identify talent. See the extract below from this AFR article:

http://www.copyright link/brand/bos...ut-tackling-medium-data-first-20150707-ghsgu4
    At US recruitment firm SwoopTalent, Australian expat Stacy Chapman is harnessing data from multiple sources to find staff for her clients. Using publicly available information from professional sites such as LinkedIn and networking groups such as Meetup, SwoopTalent is able to identify individuals with particular professional skills – from Java programmers to insurance sales people.

“I can show you an interactive Venn diagram of the internet and social footprint of a particular skill set,” Chapman says. “I can show you which Java engineers are on GitHub and Stack Overflow and LinkedIn and SecurityFocus.com and wherever else they might be. People get a bit weirded out by this – it feels like we’re doing some kind of bizarre data stalking. We only get professional and skills stuff but there’s so much of it out there.”

Another option is to marry a client’s personnel records with SwoopTalent’s external sources to identify internal candidates who might have been overlooked.

“People feel uncomfortable about going up to an employee and saying, ‘I see you’re going to Hadoop meet-ups. Do you want to talk about launching [software framework] Hadoop here internally?’ ” Chapman says. “Is that creepy or a really good way to curate that employee’s life with you?”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1PG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.