SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

Yeah I was a FTF meeting person for decades (tech sales). Always...

1. 10,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3581
    Yeah I was a FTF meeting person for decades (tech sales). Always flying into one city or another. Got to Platinum on American Airlines and Diamond at Hilton .... great perks. Some things can't get done on WebEx, Zoom or other conferencing platforms. You can't (yet) drill an oil well without boots on the ground. However, that list has gotten shorter though. Collaborative platforms (such as MSFT Teams or Slack or ...) are rapidly gaining mindshare and practicality. But always there will be some need for FTF - that is not the question though. Much of the shift to virtual will be permanent IMO. We'll see that in (big) corporates earnings with hopefully reduced COGS & overheads. Can only look back on my years and wonder at how much "fat" there was in T&E.

Looks like end of this may see the end of CHK with CH11 filing. Widely talked about. What will become of their assets?
    As an FYI, CHK took a massive impairment in their Q1 10Q filing ($8.5B) ... snipped
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2230/2230229-d3b87ee4afbeed331a8223b735750a0f.jpg
    The bulk (as in $8.45B) of impairment was to Proved O&G properties. Interestingly the used an 11% discount rate so PV11 as opposed to SNDE PV9 covenant.

While non-cash, the impairment reduces the Total Assets line on the Balance Sheet. And since the impairment doesn't change the Total Liabilities that only leaves 1 place to balance the write down in the value of asset - the total value of Common Stockholder Equity.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2230/2230241-6fc722aa9bc56bae8d40bb3b12b5046c.jpg

The "book value of equity" (not the market value of equity) reduced from $4.364B at end Dec'19 to NEGATIVE $3.945B at end of Mar'20.... i.e. the value of the assets belong to the creditors and not the shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.