SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

I don't track the cases of CV (or flu), deaths or any of...

1. 10,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3581
    I don't track the cases of CV (or flu), deaths or any of that.

What I'm interested in, is the economic impact (maybe buy shares in Kimberley Clark? - LOL) and we are beginning to see the real impact of that across the global economy. Whether its short lived one can only hope so. Won't have long to wait for those numbers.

Just a snippet from The Guardian (so it must be true as its not Fox or any other Murdoch instrument)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/06/this-is-surreal-italian-towns-struggle-under-coronavirus-lockdown

"Beyond the outbreak zones, everyday life has also changed dramatically. Venice, usually overflowing with tourists, is empty. As are the normally busy shops, bars and restaurants in Milan and Rome. Holidaymakers have cancelled trips and several airlines suspended flights amid warnings the tourism sector could suffer €7.4bn of losses. All major sporting events, including Serie A football, will be played behind closed doors until 3 April.

“There’s no tourism,” said Simona Susanu, who works in a bar close to the Trevi fountain. “You only have to see how empty it is around the fountain to understand what is happening.”

As an example of "economic impact" the above could be short lived, longer lived or even "dynamically changed" for a long time. You might be a tour operator that's gone under and lost everything ... what replaces you is "unknown". Are they stocking up on TP in Italy .... don't know but that is definitely numpties (and just Australia???)

There was a demand GROWTH slowdown before CV occurred. There was oversupply before CV. What CV has done though is pushed the staggering oil company under the bus.

Looking at data ... China oil imports
    https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Chinese-Teapots-Oil-Imports-Tumble-To-6-Month-Low-In-February.html

Maybe it picks up again this month ... maybe all just a storm in a teacup.

How's demand for SNDE stock now that it's in a more "informed market" (per EM & SEA BoD)... all those other investment choices (also not performing so well either I might add) don't make SNDE the more attractive investment after all. Would it have weathered this storm better on the ASX?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.