SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

yes, as i said and agree you should see mergers in the small cap...

1. 2,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    yes, as i said and agree you should see mergers in the small cap space in 2020 but the key is the acquisition currency (by that I mean shares, cash etc).

For long term survival this indeed is required - one could even think to combine entities until you form a mid cap ie above 2bn MC and then be taken out. This is where the PE guys come in and where companies like snde are vulnerable.

Eliot could try again and use SNDE as an entity to buy the assets of PVAC and others to get to the mid cap level and bear in mind the current valuations are very attractive if again you believe in the Peter Lynch story of 3x todays price.

PE will be very interested in those companies with good capital structures to make life easy for them. As to mergers between peers another positive point is alot of these companies are all reporting that in Q4 they are becoming cashflow nuetral to positive and all have been on cost initiatives over the last few years and so debt servicing levels are becoming much better. Of course oil price future comes in to play and you need enough sie to be able to manipulate capex in the lean times and still tick over.

Interesting times ahead thats for sure

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.