FAR 1.02% 49.5¢ far limited

sne-1 derisked?, page-13

1. 5,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I'm going to take the middle road here. While I agree with ya that it's a totally different kind of reservoir & setting it still might not be reliant on another separate source kitchen for hc's. I think it has been slightly derisked because we can now say for sure that there is a source to westwards (we were HOPING there was prior to FAN-1, now we know there is).

I also have a hunch that the faulting shown on the schematic, located eastward of the FAN-1 well path, isn't, or has not always been, a barrier to hc migration. There must be some 'agreement to disagree' among the techs involved because while they showed faults they also showed potentially-filled reservoir eastward of the faults. If hc's migrated prior to the faulting, or the faults don't completely seal, then hc's could have potentially continued migrating up-shelf & eastwards, possibly up the unconformity boundary (shown on diagrams as the dotted line). If the carbonate was accessible at its seaward edge it could have become at least partially filled by hc's after top sealing muds/silts (eventually to become shales) provided a top seal. Otherwise, it would be reliant on another source located deep beneath it and maybe extending shoreward.

That's my theory anyway, and they can always try an fire me if they disagree.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.005(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $45.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.5¢ 49.0¢ $4.017K 8.162K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19637 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.40pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.