As part of the process of populating a database I've recently...

1. 3,413 Posts.
    As part of the process of populating a database I've recently created on ASX listed companies, I have come to notice a trend for the want of a better description, in relation to companies and in particular directors of those companies.

When one drills down even a little more than the average investor you realise there's a notable small number of "board members" that seem to be professionals at well their, profession (used very usely).

They are board members of multiple companies all the while picking up free options and as well as a handsome salary to boot, all at the expense of the average shareholder.

I'd love for someone to highlight for me precisely what a "board member" does on a publically listed company. Personally I'm the director of a private company, hell a monkey could do it, but I'm interested to know what these well paid "board members" get paid for doing exactly.

Now I'm not going to tell you the name of these board members, but next time you go to buy shares in a company just have a think about it ;)

WC8

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.