Snowy 2.0 boss says NetZero is ‘bullsh*t’, page-46

1. 2,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    I worked on the peripheral aspects of the ANSTO reactor project.

The main contractor was an Argentinean company who globally do most of the reactors of this type- non-pressurised, non power generating - mainly used for generating medical isotopes and generating beams of nuclear particles used for hardening camshafts for Holden V6 engines and no doubt other lower volume applications.

Ahh the days when we made cars here! Hundreds of thousands of these engines were built and used locally and in export markets. I lived near the very automated engine plant in Port Melbourne. I recall the GM engineers lamenting that only locally made cars had to have this extra treatment done to satisfy our EPA. For the burgeoning influx of foreign cars, the requirement was waived. I expect this was typical regulation-induced insanity.

The Argentinean team were very pleasant and competent engineers.

It's not hard to put an SMR together once we get through the regulation hoops, but Dutton is on the right track and this will be a big influence on next Federal election.

I strongly advise we dont close any more coal plants till the nuclear plants are built. That could be 10-12 years. There is no rush here but it will be helpful to our navy to source skills to maintain the submarines.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.