so-called "invasion of ukraine"

1. 4,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    It is so called only by the US, Eu and associated toadies like Australia (to my shame!).

The Crimean Peninsula has always been Russian and is populated by a majority of Russians who welcome Russian troops with open arms.
    How is that an "invasion"?!

On top of that, Russia has Naval bases there (which I'm sure the US would like to see replaced by theirs or NATO's!).
    They are only protecting their own assets. The US would do exactly the same if Cuba attempted to overrun the US bases there.

Oh shock! Horror!
    Someone dares to do something that the World's (self-appointed) Sheriff (the USA) doesn't like!!
    Kerry the Secretary of Keeping Other States under Control has rushed to Kiev into the arms of the Protesters (the armed Thugs) who overthrew the Govt.

What is he going to say if the residents of Crimea vote to say they want to join Russia?! Will he say "No, you can't because I know the facts and you don't?

I lived and worked in Russia 10 years and did business with Ukraine. The west, in this case, is totally wrong and only intent on power-grabbing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.