so cash is king or is it, page-26

1. 2,677 Posts.
    I do think many here actually agree that property is a good investment and all we are quibbling about is timing and price.

However, remember all properties are not the same as you may have 2 properties on either side of the road but will be valued differently do many factors such as the design of the house, landscaping, size of block, easements etc etc.

that is why i dont have specific indicators to determine when to buy. The ideal property may come on the market tomorrow at a price which is reasonable, not the rock bottom based on a depression, but never the less a reasonable price. I aint as smart as those that follow the trend, all those stats, the US property market, catching the falling knife, cash is king, buy in 6, 9 or 12 months or 2 years, follow keen or bubblepedia, historic averages an so on. i just know that over time good quality property will definitely out perform cash at the bank by a mile, even if i pay to much at the time. I have never picked a property bottom nor a property top, but thats whats so good about property, it doesnt matter.

for those who have a spreadsheet to work the gains etc in investing property and the potential returns etc, i think you need to sit back and aviod the excel spreadsheet as the basis but use common sense. But hey if the excel spreadsheet does it for you, good for you.

For me it is the potential derived form location, size of the land, redevelopemnt potential and of course cash flow. I know what something will sell for so after all the redevelopments costs are taken into act, determines my buy price. not the other way round as many who get burnt have realised or are blaming market conditions etc.

As i said i aint as smart as you guys sitting on cash in the bank as I dont have any cash so I aint a king. but the good thing is that by having cash in the bank i can borrow cheaply and cheaper in the new year.

like everything it is to do with timing and of course the entry price, all we are doing here is debating who is more right than the others and it seems that some also wish to push idealogical arguements to justify their points of view that they know better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.