CTP 0.00% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

so glad i sold all my ctp shares

1. 3,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    This stock was the first stock i bought just under a year ago. Only bought it due to a financial adviser who has it as his best pick for the last few years.

He praised it to family members of mine who then put me onto it. This adviser had 40 other stocks he did reports on but pushed CTP to the hilt. For example the other stocks had 2 or 3 pages dedicated to each one in his annual report yet CTP had 9 pages.

I knew nothing much about stock market before I bought shares and only started looking into other shares for the last few months.

My average buy price with ctp was 7.7 cents and I sold them all this week. The adviser was touting that the shares would possibly be 50 cents by the end of the year 2010.

I don't understand why anyone would hold shares in this company at this point. I don't understand why this adviser would so heavily promote CTP when there are such better companies out there.

This adviser is in constant contact with JH.

The turning point for me was when I rang this adviser about a month ago and asked him about another company. When I asked him about CTP he said CTP is a good thing but it will take 2 to 3 years for it to start coming good.

Why would I want to lock my money into CTP for 2 or 3 more years. That is if they last that long.

I only had 270,000 shares in the company. My family members have over 5 million and their buy in was much higher. I also know they have put other investors onto CTP. I am trying to convince them to dump and buy into other companies.

I have invested in the following companies and love to watch the columns light up green instead of red. PEN, BCC, SDL, SVL, CCU and a few more. There are a couple of others that are in the red but under 20%, however they have far greater potential thank CTP.

If you watched YCYM the other night the question on shale gas was asked to the panel and what there thoughts were. They all said it was a fad that would fizzle within a few years.

I really hope that other CTP share holders make money from this company. I was at a point where i just did not want to lose any more.

Like i said I don't know much about the market and before I started researching if you asked me what a market cap is I would have said something you wear to the markets not to get sun burnt.

But I will say 5 weeks ago another family member asked me for some tips and I gave him PEN, BCC and SDL and he is making between 15 and 30% on each stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $2.624K 53.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 980647 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 189266 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.