CIY 0.00% 3.6¢ city pacific limited

so glad they did not buy s8

1. TDF
    102 Posts.
    I just returned from holidays at a resort that uses S8 as a booking and advertising agent.

I joined Geat Australian Escapes (run by S8) as a means of getting discounted holidays, booked through S8, and paid a deposit through them.

I tried to book for 5 days but was told only vacancy for two days. Arrived at the resort, no booking, and the resort was three quarters empty. You can imagine how the operators of the resort felt, they had just missed out on a larger booking, and they say they have had the problem before with S8.

As a shareholder in City Pacific I am so glad that they did not buy out S8, because this incident does not seem to be an isolated incident but could be indicative of major failings in the business systems of S8. I cannot imagine this resort renewing contracts with S8 if they are getting business turned away (and not getting the deposit forwarded to them). I certainly will not be renewing my membership with Great Australian Escapes. If other people or other resorts have had problems then one can only assume that S8 is going to have difficulties maintaining incomes.

The incident did not affect my holiday, but makes me relieved to know that CIY abandoned their takeover bid of S8.

Looking forward to getting a nice dividend soon from CIY, anyone know how much it will be, I've seen forecasts of 30 cents per share. The last interim was 23 cents. Nice rise in sp recently upto $4.94.

Best of luck.

TDF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.