it is quite obvious, but you can also read about caiaphas, the...

1. 1,992 Posts.
    it is quite obvious, but you can also read about caiaphas, the role the pharisees and the seducees played. if you are interested.

Pilate then called the chief priests and the rulers and the people together and said to them: YOU brought this man to me as one inciting the people to revolt, and, look! I examined him in front of YOU but found in this man no ground for the charges YOU are bringing against him. In fact, neither did Herod, for he sent him back to us; and, look! nothing deserving of death has been committed by him. I will therefore chastise him and release him. But with their whole multitude they cried out, saying: Take this one away, but release Bar&bas to us (Which [man] had been thrown into prison for a certain sedition occurring in the city and for murder.) Again Pilate called out to them, because he wanted to release Jesus. Then they began to yell, saying: Impale! Impale him! The third time he said to them: Why, what bad thing did this [man] do? I found nothing deserving of death in him; I will therefore chastise and release him. At this they began to be urgent, with loud voices, demanding that he be impaled; and their voices began to win out. So Pilate gave sentence for their demand to be met: he released the man that had been thrown into prison for sedition and murder and whom they were demanding, but he surrendered Jesus to their will.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.