Re, The day my electric bill shrinks will be the day I believe...

1. 27,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 470
    Re, The day my electric bill shrinks will be the day I believe green power is cheaper,

abc.net.au/news

Canberra heating bills to increase $300 per year on average thanks to ...

Jun 6, 2018 - A 12 per cent hike in electricity prices means Canberrans are going to feel ... the growing cost of meeting the national renewable energy target.

Greenchoice — going green with ActewAGL

So what is Greenchoice and how does it work?

You don't need extra powerlines or installation, a small additional cost on top of your regular electricity bill allows ActewAGL to purchase electricity from renewable sources, like wind power, biomass, mini-hydro and solar. This green energy is then fed straight back into the electricity grid, replacing electricity that would have otherwise been generated by fossil fuels – and that means reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
    You don’t even have to be an existing ActewAGL customer to join Greenchoice. Fixed use plans are available to anyone, anywhere in Australia.
    How much does it cost?
    There are two ways to buy green energy through Greenchoice. You can opt for a fixed amount each day or a variable amount based on a percentage of the electricity you use.

So much for Cheap and Green !!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.