WTP 0.00% 91.0¢ watpac limited

so much for the recovery, page-32

1. 64 Posts.
    1. How about a construction division that has increased its order book by 50% since March?

2. A poor performing civil division that has been restructured/closed for a lot of short term pain - which leaves an underlying mining division that continues to perform reasonably. I think the smaller end of the sector where WTP is positioned will continue to see work - these guys can't afford the gear nor the capability to bring mining in-house.

3. As the property book continues to be sold old this will reduce the recent drain of holding costs (+interest) and the recent stream of impairments that has killed reported earnings.

The point I was trying to make as this has to be looked at a bit differently than the other mining services/construction players - the property book, even if sold off at a discount, supports a large portion of the share price.

Hypothetically, if WTP spun off its property book to shareholders, and say it was worth 50c, IMO it doesn't take much of a story to say the contracting/mining/civil stub is worth a a lot more than the 5-10c implied by the current share price.

Right now it looks like a bit of a mess with the impairments and closure costs of civil. But look through this and it looks to me like an interesting proposition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.